Indoor trainer for Kettwiesel

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Indoor trainer for Kettwiesel

Does anyone have a suggestion for an indoor trainer for the Kettwiesel All-Around? We recently purchased 2 Kettwiesels; one is a bike and the other is a handcycle. We are looking to train indoors during the winter months and have learned that Hase is no longer making the indoor trainer. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    • I would think that the Sportscrafter trainers would work. However, since it would only be on one wheel (if you do not have differential) you will have to raise the second wheel up to level the trike out. It might be good to place the front wheel on a riser too. Set the brake on the left side to stop the trike from moving forward.

terratrike.com/shop/accessorie…ller-trainer/prod_29.html

sportcrafters.com/welcometop.htm

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bluecoyote ().

• Bluecoyote wrote:

I would think that the Sportscrafter trainers would work. However, since it would only be on one wheel (if you do not have differential) you will have to raise the second wheel up to level the trike out. It might be good to place the front wheel on a riser too. Set the brake on the left side to stop the trike from moving forward.
      I tried the Sportscraft rollers on my Kettwiesel and it chews up the right tire. Because the rear wheel is cambered it hits the rollers at an angle and proceeds to chew rubber off the tire. I had the left wheel and front wheel blocked so the trike was level. I even installed a junk tire because I did not want to chew up a good Schwalbe Marathon. It started chewing up the junk tire and was making a mess in my basement. It also was excessively noisy.

I gave up on the Kettwiesel with the Sportscraft rollers and just decided to use my RANS Stratus with my Blackburn mag trainer. With the Stratus and Blackburn there is no rubber chewing and no excessive noise. Do not know of a way to use a trainer on a Kett. Did not know that Hase at one time made a trainer. Of course I would hate to imagine the price of a trainer from Hase.

John W.