Search Results

Search results 1-2 of 2.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Front wheel lifting

Woubeir - - KettWiesel

Thanks. I try to pedal smooth, but on those sections, certainly if the road is paved with cobblestones, extra force (sometimes much) was requierd. Since a few months, I have also a Rohloff (42/21 on the first line and 26/29 on the second) and in theory I am now able to pedal up to nearly 29% smaller then previously with a derailler. A differential is (luckily) already on the trike. While I haven't had the opportunity to do such climbs already during a real bike tour, I was able to test it somewh…

• Front wheel lifting

Woubeir - - KettWiesel

Hi, on very steep hills (± 20% or more), the fact that the center of gravity on a Kettwiesel is so far in the back, makes that the front wheel is lifted off the ground into the air (and I have already experienced the case where a certain section of the road was that steep that me + the bike made a salto afterwards). So 2 questions already to prevent this. - does anyone have an idea how much extra weight should be added to or on top of the front wheel to prevent this lifting ? - how to do this (w…