Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kettwiesel Manual

SRM - - KettWiesel

No, I didn't. Basically, my KettWiesel is an ex-demo model from a dealer who's not expecting to sell any more and was keen to get rid of it: I got a very good deal, but the upshot is a few bits, like the manual are missing. (I think KettWeisels also come with a flag, which I didn't get, either, but I have loads of flags anyway — excuse the pictures below, both on account of That Competitor from Kriftel and the misguided support for an under-performing football team...) HPV_Speedmachine-20100618.…

• Kettwiesel Manual

SRM - - KettWiesel

The KettWiesel manual is incomplete: it goes from pages 1 to 32, then jumps to page 56. Annoyingly, it makes references to the missing pages. Where is the complete manual?

• HASE/Ortlieb luggage bag

SRM - - KettWiesel

I've just found the bag holder amongst the bits and pieces I received from the dealer. Unfortunately, until today, I had no idea what it is and whats it's for!

SRM - - KettWiesel

Stephan, you're absolutely right: the bag holder is missing from the back of my KettWiesel. I have the universal coupling, but not the bag holder. How can I get hold of one? (I'm assuming the dealer erroneously discarded it when fitting the universal coupling!) I can see now, the lug on the base of the bag is supposed to engage in this fitting, which would eliminate the possibility of any wear such as my bag has suffered. Thank you for posting the links to the luggage bag manuals. Which other us…

• Universal Mount

SRM - - General

The universal mount turns out to be a very useful accessory ... but €49.90 is more than a trifle steep! The clamp part is a Rixen + Kaul Klickfix fitting which comes in that company's MiniAdapter; it can be bought in the UK for the equivalent of less than €8. So, €40+ for the metal fitting that HASEputs on top. Be sensible!

SRM - - KettWiesel

I was very disappointed, after less than a week of taking delivery of my KettWiesel, and having completed only three rides, the longest of which was 25 km, not only is there distinct signs of wear on the bottom front edge of my HASE/Ortlieb luggage bag, but at one point the material is actually worn through! I think, with the seat at the angle I have it, the bottom of the bag grazes the top of the universal coupling and this has been enough to produce this premature wear. For the time being, I'v…

• Kettwiesel Fender Bags

SRM - - KettWiesel

The bags are useful and because they're bolted to the mudguard support (in fact, using the same bolts as are used to clamp the mudguards themselves), they're held very securely. I've found them big enough to hold an Abus chain lock, which just as I was leaving home I noticed I hadn't packed into the rear bag. That they are held so securely is also their disadvantage: you can't detach them (quickly) to take with you if you leave the trike unattended, so you have to empty them of valuables.

• Kettwiesel seat failure

SRM - - KettWiesel

Interesting to read your KettWiesel pages, Zoxed. And I enjoyed the PDQ ones as well, plus the three-bike review from 1997!

• Kettwiesel Fender Bags

SRM - - KettWiesel

Well, I'm very pleased to say I'm expecting my KettWiesel to be delivered on Monday next week. It's essentially a Tour model, but with bar-end shifters, low-rider rack and universal coupling. And it'll have a couple of fender bags!

• Just how do you fold a Tagun?

SRM - - Tagun

Stephan, thanks for the advice. I'll give it a go!

• Kettwiesel Fender Bags

SRM - - KettWiesel

Mary, TrikeDiva, thanks for your reply. I think I'll buy a pair ... but first, I need to order a KettWiesel to put them on! Happy cycling!

• Just how do you fold a Tagun?

SRM - - Tagun

Using instructions from the Lepus manual, english edition (based on the same frame as the Tagun): The [Tagun]can be folded without the need for tools. - Stand behind the [Tagun], lift the [Tagun]seat and press the rear frame down using your knee, until it disengages from the suspension. - Unlock the quick release lever on the upper seat mounting and fold the seat. At the first stage, I'm pushing like fury, but nothing happens and I feel if I push any harder, I'll end up bending a bit of the bike…

• Tagun manual in English

SRM - - Tagun

I'd like to download the Tagun manual, english edition, from the Downloads page, but the link doesn't work. Can someone from Hase please fix it.

• Kettwiesel Fender Bags

SRM - - KettWiesel

As a matter of interest, if you want a fender bag for each wheel, do you need to buy two Fender Bags, or do you get a pair of bags in the Fender Bag pack when you buy it? What's the experience of people who have been using these bags: are they mud/dirt magnets, or do they remain relatively clean?