Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transporting two Kettwiesels

iambent - - KettWiesel

We have a Kettwiesel and an Anura, so it is just about the same situation as transporting two Ketts. We have a Honda Odyssey Van and they both fit in the van with the middle seats removed and the back seat folded into the floor. I put the first trike in with the rear wheels towards the front seat and the second trike in front wheel first. That way both booms overlap each other and they fit easily. They are actual easier to transport than our two long wheelbase recumbents which have to be tied do…

• Indoor trainer for Kettwiesel

iambent - - KettWiesel

Quote from Bluecoyote: “I would think that the Sportscrafter trainers would work. However, since it would only be on one wheel (if you do not have differential) you will have to raise the second wheel up to level the trike out. It might be good to place the front wheel on a riser too. Set the brake on the left side to stop the trike from moving forward. ” I tried the Sportscraft rollers on my Kettwiesel and it chews up the right tire. Because the rear wheel is cambered it hits the rollers at an …

• Hi Steve, Did you ever upgrade your Kettwiesel to the Schlumpf Mountain Drive? I found a got deal on a used Schlumpf High Speed Drive and purchased it. Schlumpf has a lease arrangement for the chamfering tool. I now have the tool and hope to chamfer my bottom bracket and install the Schlumpf drive this weekend. I am also considering installing a Nexus internal gear hub in place of the rear derailleur. This would completely elminate derailleurs on my trike. On another note if you want to go reall…

• Hi Steve, Cannot help you with the dynamo issue. You may get a better response on the Bentrider Online forum. I know there are several Kett owners on that forum. This forum does not seem to have much activity. I purchased a Kett All Round in Aug. of this year. Since I am proficient in bicycle mechanics I assembled it myself. It is quite a process assembling a Kett. I imagine the reason it is so disassembled is to save on shipping from Germany to the US. I had the dealers manual, but even that ma…

• Anyone out there have an answer for my headset issue? Is there anyone from Hase looking at this list? John Werner

• My headset keeps coming loose on my 2011 Kettwiesel Allround. I have installed a new stainless steel cap bolt (wanted a clean bolt). Cleaned the threads on both the bolt and the sleeve inside the steerer tube with acetone. Applied Vibra-Tite VC3 to the bolt threads. VC3 is an anti vibration thread locker that is better than blue Loctite. Snugged the headset cap down as tight as dare. Headset is still becoming loose after riding about 20 mi. This seems like a flawed design since you can not reall…