Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• We don't (yet) use a GPS, but we do use a computer. Our solution is to mount it on the boom, in front of the headset. It's easy for the stoker to see it there, and the pilot can see it over the stoker's head (wouldn't be so easy if our stoker were taller!) With my eyesight, I can read it easily enough, although this might not work for the detailed display of a GPS unless the pilot is quite long-sighted! A similar question arises if you use a paper map. Where do you keep it? The best solution we'…

• Sore and numb hands for pilot on Pino

Uncle Phil - - Pino

Mrs Uncle Phil and I toured about 1000 miles through the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium this spring on our Pino. The bike performed pretty well, but besides the pannier/stand issue which I've asked about in another thread, I also experienced problems getting my hands comfortable on the pilot's handlebars. Our bike has derailleur gears, with bar-end controls, and clearly this limits what handgrips or padding we can use, because the gear cables need to go through the grips. We have S…

• Our Pino (an oldish steel Tour) has both the pannier rack beneath the stoker's seat and the twin stand. The stand is great. BUT: if our big panniers are fitted, they push the stand down beneath them so that the legs catch on the ground on corners. Or we can tie the stand up, but then the panniers rest on it so that they don't hang vertically, and of course we can't easily use it. We could avoid the problem by using small panniers, and mounting them as far back as we can. But then the pilot's toe…

• Seat covering for Pino

Uncle Phil - - Pino

Quote from Grant31: “We have an old Pino (must be about 10yrs old) and the elastic on the front seat has perished. Does anyone know any stockists or online shops that deliver to UK where I can get a replacement?” We've had this problem too. We fixed it while on tour by begging a webbing strap from a WarmShowers host. We fitted this tightly across the front of the bottom part of the seat frame and the seat is now comfortable again. Replacing the elastic is a straightforward job for someone with a…