Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IIRC I once traced back squeaking to the lower pivot of the seat back, towards the rear. I can not remember how I fixed it, but usually I would disassemble, then clean it and if it still squeaked try some WD40.

• Allaround seat wearing out

zoxed - - KettWiesel

I have ridden my Kett Tour every working day plus 3 longer rides per week most weeks since 2008 and the seat is only showing slight signs of wear: maybe the new ones are different, but I would contact your dealer, or failing that Hase direct (my cracked seat frame was replaced, no questions, after 2 years via the dealer).

• Hi, welcome, from Germany, to the wonderful world of Ketts !! Dynamo: is the problem how to physically fit the dynamo to the Kett (on the mudguard stay IIRC (I swapped mine out for a hub dynamo some time ago)), or how to wire it ? Gearing: the quickest and cheapest way to get *lower* gears is to just fit a smaller chainring: high gears may be nice, but lower are much more important !! To get a *wider* range you could fit a double or triple chainset and change by hand (or the move, using the chai…

• Kettwiesel seat failure

zoxed - - KettWiesel

My seat frame failed on my Kett Tour in a similar way, although maybe a little slower (it felt funny for a couple of miles before I got off to check it, and even then it was not completely broke through). I bought it in 2008, although it was ex-demo so may have been abused before I got it !! I emailed a photo to the shop I bought it from (die-radgeber.de/fahrrad.html) and the seat frame was replaced no-questions-asked, even though it was probably out of guarantee. The shop would have fitted it, …