Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Handlebar bag on a Kett

DGG1941 - - KettWiesel

hasebikes.com/forum/index.php?…5fc4cd741adbb79ce869af6b8 Having previously owned an ICE trike which has an attachment to fit a handlebar bag alongside the rider, I was very keen to fit one to my Kett. I missed the convenience of being able to take your valuables with you when stopping without having to lug a pannier about. The picture shows an extension to the seat tubes with Arkel's largest handlebar bag attached. This can take my iPad Air as well as a lot of other good stuff. Also attached to …

• Update: Thanks for the replies. Have now traced the noise to the boom clamp! See this thread

• Creaking from boom clamp

DGG1941 - - KettWiesel

Noticed a creaking noise when pedaling hard up hill and traced it to the boom clamp. When off the trike and pressing down hard on the clamp it reproduced the same noise experienced when riding. When the clamp was loose, the noise stopped. Problem was solved by tightening the clamp when sitting on the trike so that it was pre-loaded. Would be interested in any explantions for this. Thanks

• My Kett has an irritating noise when pedalling uphill. It appears to be coming from the seat backrest, probably some slight movement reacting to the hips rotating very slightly. Not sure if it's the straps or the seat tubes that fit into the sockets on the frame. Any feedback welcome!

• The Motor I recently added an electric motor to the front wheel of my Kett and thought the experience might be of interest. I looked at the Hase system but was put off by the price and the lack of power of the basic system. The kit came from The Electric Transport Shop and has a 36V battery. The front wheel came ready built with special washers to avoid the wheel "spinning out". The battery fits along the top tube leaving just enough room for the cranks to miss it on both sides. The weight of th…

• Try strapping a soft bag to the forks of the rear trike - large enough to take a few clothes/waterproofs; I have a medium sized Exped waterproof bag that I'm using and so far it looks OK, but we have not been on tour with it yet. I've also fitted a small bag under the seat of the front trike which sits on a plywood "floor" that I have installed above the Rohloff; it carries tools,puncture repair kit & a waterproof jacket. Along with 2 full sized panniers mounted at the front, (and the large rear…

• My differential was causing an irritating noise (see earlier thread) which I have now reduced. This was done by removing the left hand shaft and sticking some old rubber inner tube along its length and then winding a 5cm wide "bandage" around the end of the shaft nearest to the diff. This reduced the amplification of the noise in the hollow chassis arm that holds the shaft. The diff noise is still there, but it is now much less intrusive.

• Touring with a Kettwiesel tandem

DGG1941 - - KettWiesel

We have two custom Ketts and are planning a tandem tour in France - would be interested to hear others' experiences. For example, did the tandem coupling work OK; did you feel the need to take the other front wheel as a spare/just in case we want to ride separately; was there enough luggage space. any comments appreciated!

• I recently fitted a Garmin 800 to my KettWiesel and thought it might be of interest. It is mounted on a tube which is hinged at the base and when riding, sits between my thighs. This means that I can both read it easily and change the screen without effort. When dismounting, remove the Garmin and push the tube forward to lay flat along the chassis. (A secondary advantage is that it is impossible to get off the trike without remembering to remove the Garmin). The "hinge" at the bottom is from the…

• Differential noise

DGG1941 - - KettWiesel

Thanks I have applied a little more grease which has made it a little quieter. I am fairly sure the noise comes from the part shown in the photo, as I was able to replicate the noise by moving the shaft by hand. Also, when the trike is jacked up on the left side, there is some movement in the wheel when pulling it side to side (unlike the right hand wheel where there is no movement). This results in movement at the differential and the same noise that occurs when riding. The trike is 7 months ol…

• Differential noise

DGG1941 - - KettWiesel

When freewheeling, my Kettweisel sometimes makes a clicking noise - which can sometimes also occur when pedaling. I believe it comes from the left hand side of the differential as it is possible to move the shaft slightly within the differential - see the attached picture. Is this normal? Can it be adjusted? Thanks

• Rohloff gearing

DGG1941 - - General

I have just taken delivery of two Kettwiesels with Rohloff gears. What is the smallest permissable front chainring that I can use? The current setup is: Front ring 52 teeth connected to 21T ring input to Rohloff; 26T output ring which is then connected to an 18T ring which drives the wheel. I've looked at Rohloffs guide for this but it doesn't cover this setup. Thanks