Search Results

Search results 1-8 of 8.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wheels

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Hello all - We had a good season on the Pino, including the massive Copper Triangle (coppertriangle.com/course/ 78 mi. w/6,000 ft of climbing). All of our riding is on roads and I'm thinking about lighter wheels and narrower tires. Has anyone done this modification on their Pino? Can you fit a 27 in wheel on the back? Thanks for the help. Mark

• Transporting a Pino

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Tosh - We recently purchased a new Audi allroad and I can get the Pino on the roof and into the Rocky Mounts tandem rack myself. Previously we had a tall Honda Pilot and it was a difficult two person job to get the Pino on top. Have you solved this problem? Mark

• Rocky Mounts...

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Last summer we got our Pino, and this summer we got a Rocky Mounts Tandem rack: rockymounts.com/TandemMount_R4_bike_rack_p/0512.htm Made here in Boulder CO, USA and we have hauled the Pino all over the state with this rack. It's sliding rear-wheel tray allows the rack to be used for regular bikes as well. Our Honda Pilot is tall, so it's a challenge to get the Pino on top, but the pivoting front fork holder makes a difference. I don't know if you can get one of these in the UK. I hope this helps…

• It worked...

Mark & Mary - - Pino

The 34 tooth chain ring went on the rear just fine and now we're all set with a 42 up front and the 34 in the rear. This is set-up is working well so far. Mark

• Please post...

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Sonny - I take that you'll buy a second Pika pack for your Pino (assuming it will travel in two pieces). Please post about your experience. My wife and I look forward to traveling with our Pino, so I have to figure out how to do it. Enjoy Spain! Thanks, Mark

• Stoker Gearing

Mark & Mary - - Pino

> Changing the rear chainring will be a problem, because it includes the freewheel. Thanks for the advice. OK, we'll fix if from the front. > Why did you need a new crank when you changed the chainring? The original equipment crank will not accommodate a larger chain ring than the 38 that comes on the bike. > If 42 is still not enogh, then I think the solution is quite obvious: 44 or more teeth. That's what we'll have to do. I'm trying to avoid the other obvious solution - get a stronger captain…

• Stoker Gearing PS

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm in the US. Perhaps the issue has been covered in the German posts, but I'm going to need the answer in English. Thanks Mark

• Stoker Gearing

Mark & Mary - - Pino

Hello all - My wife and I recently took delivery of our new Pino Allround. We had rented one to try out the tandem. It's perfect for us, except for one thing. The stoker, Mary, is geared too low. She is often spinning madly while the captain, Mark, is comfortable. We have the most problems when on the flats or slight downhills. It appears that the original front and rear chain rings for the stoker are 38 teeth. The the shop has put a 42 tooth front chain ring that required a new 165 crank. The c…