Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi The arms currently on it are steel and have been drilled by me to take some old side pull calliper cable stops , non of the V brakes I have would allow the cable anchor to be on the opposite arm. On normal V brakes the cable always enters from the same side whether they are fitted to the front or rear on a bicycle. So if fitted to the Kett and looking down on them the cable would enter from the left at so at the rear left wheel the cable would be outside the trike footprint ? I have some Magu…

• I was sort of hoping someone had made a better piece than the pressed steel bracket that causes most of my problems ? I may try to copy the design shown in the last picture. I could try and add a removable arm that would mount a stud for a normal moving brake arm. However this will be very hard to implement as v brakes are not handed and so one set would either have the cable entering from outside of the wheel OR one set will have to be under the existing brake arm/stud ? They collect a lot of c…

• Stephan Thanks , I have sent this to Spawn , however it may help others ? IM001814_text_labels.jpg A is the arm that moves , however not by the cable moving ? you will see that is firmly anchored to the frame - no the outer moves up and down the inner moving the arm ! B fixed arm , however it is only held by the same bolt holding the cable and if I hit something like a lamp post or bollard it will pivot around that bolt and apply the brakes for me - really not useful ! C is the cable anchor and …

• Hi there Well I tried from a image hosting site and the forum just gave this error message ? Your message contains following censored words: k.e.y, h.t.t.p (3x) regards paul

• Hi there Has anyone been able to improve the performance of the early rim brakes ? Mine have the plate on the outside of the wheel holding the brake block , this does not lock positively in position and either gets knocked into the wheel causing the brakes to bind if I hit an obstruction or moves slowly away from the wheel stopping the brakes working. Over time this has meant more and more distortion of the wheel from the one moving pad and less and less effective brakes. regards Paul