Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Transporting a Pino

john in leeds - - Pino

Across the back of our VW on a Fiamma bike rack, length still with the mirrors, less if we removed the boom caravelle.jpg

• Extra front brake

john in leeds - - Pino

Makes very good sense to me.

• Who's going to be reading it, pilot or stoker?

• PINO

john in leeds - - Pino

We weigh 180+ kgs before we load our luggage. The rear rack takes 2 Carradice panniers plus tent on the top and the front low riders 2 Ortliebs. Handles all loads really well. The front wheel has been replaced by a very heavy duty 48 spoke jobbie after spoke breakages and tyre overheat punctures on long downhills. Must confess our Pino is an older steel model with Magura rim brakes instead of the new discs but we love it. Have fun John

• Recommended tires for Pino Tour

john in leeds - - Pino

For us the front was the problem on our older Pino. We have the Magura rim brakes and have had some serious problems with punchures and a blow out caused by overheating of the original Conti tyres when running well loaded on long downhills. We have fitted a heavy section rim, 48 spoke BMX front wheel now with a Maxxis Ringworm tyre. Not the most free running tyre I know but we have had worse (Chen sin?). It is now much more reliable when loaded. I'll give more details of tyres used when I check …

• Pino on the train

john in leeds - - Pino

For UK trains we generally just put a bag ove the pedals and leave some luggage bungied to the front seat Might not work everywhere but....... cycle1.jpg cycle2.jpg cycle3.jpg